Head of DT – Mrs G Postings
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is ideal for students who are good at problem solving and have a keen interest in design. As part of the course students will work towards a range of different design briefs, some of which will be given and some of which will be self guided. Students will then undertake a major coursework project of their choosing.
Product Design will provide students with a range of different skills including:-
· How to investigate facts and use deduction.
· How to put over your point of view fluently.
· Creativity, presentation and communication.
· How to work as a team to achieve results.
· How to take responsibility for your own learning.
The final course grade is made up of the following:
- NEA Coursework – 50% – a coursework project and final product with a focus chosen by students.
- Examination x 2 – 50% – these exams test your understanding of materials, how to work with them as well as wider design related issues. They are taken in the summer of Y13.
Check out the link to the specification below: